Access this tab using Options>Customize Workstation Settings.
Use this tab to customize the system forms and application settings for the working environment.
Note: Preferences that you set here, will be retained by the system, even if you uninstall the current version and reinstall a newer one.
If the Multicurrency module is installed and setup, the Assume last two digits are cents field is not available.
Note: All possible options are discussed below. The form will not include every option identified. It changes depending on which system you are logged in to.
- Save Form Layout: Select this option to save your form settings—the size and/or position of a form or the width or order of columns. The next time you open the form, it is the same size and position when you last opened it.
- Clear Fields on Save: Clear this option if you do not want all boxes (fields) cleared on a form upon saving. Having this option "on" is particularly helpful when setting up your account codes using the Maintain>Chart of Accounts Codes form. However, when you are running reports, you may want this option "off." If you do not, each time you save the report you are working on, you need to reselect the Report Name from the drop-down list.
- Show Tooltips on Bottom Buttons: Clear this option if you do not want to display tool tips—that is, the name of each button—as you move your mouse across the bottom buttons on each form. Close and reopen the organization for this change to take affect.
- Use Drop-Down List on Find Forms: Clear this option if you do not want the system to contain data in the Criteria 1 and Criteria 2 drop-down lists on Find forms. You will need to enter your own data in these columns when filtering. Keep in mind for larger organizations (with many records), you may want to clear this option to eliminate the time it takes to load data into the Find forms.
- Fill Find Forms with Records: Clear this option if you do not want the table on Find forms to automatically display data when opened. This option will fill the table with all applicable records. For larger organizations (with many records), you may want to clear this option to eliminate the time it takes to load data into the table.
- View Recently used IDs: Select this option to only display the 200 most recently used IDs (for example, Vendor IDs or Customer IDs) in the drop-down lists throughout the system. This option is not available in the Payroll module.
- Apply Offsets on Save/Post: Select this option to activate the Automatic Offsets feature, which is applied while clicking the Save or Post buttons on certain transaction entry forms.
- Use Enter key to move between fields: Select this option so that the Enter key moves the cursor to the next field, just like the Tab key. When this option is not selected, the Enter key "presses" the active bottom button on the current form.
- Assume last two digits are cents: Select this option to assume that the last two digits you enter represent cents (when entering dollar amounts).
- Disable auto launch of COA Wizard: Select this option to turn off the auto launch feature of the Chart of Accounts Wizard.
- Enable Auto Launch of Quick Search Forms: Clear this option if you do not want the Quick Search form to automatically display when you open a form from the “Maintain” Menu. Instead, any selected Maintain menu form will open as a blank form, so that you can begin entering information immediately. This option is not available in the Electronic Requisitions module. Note that the Quick Search feature is only available if this option is Enabled.
- Records Per Page: Select a default value for the Records per Page drop-down list, used in many tables throughout the system. You can still modify this number while using a table. Items can be viewed in increments of 10, 25, 50, 100, 250, 500, or 1000.
- Restore All Form Layouts: Click this button to reset the column width and column order to the original system default for all forms.
Note: This feature is not available when using Find to help you select an ID (such as a Vendor ID on the transaction entry forms). You must manually enter the information when filtering items.
Note: To display a shortcut menu, right-click on any form. Select Customize Workstation to open the Options>Customize Workstation Settings form; Restore Form Layout to reset the form column width and column order to the original system default; or Resize Form to reset the form back to the original system default size.
- Show Status Bar: Clear this option if you do not want a status bar at the bottom of the system window. The status bar displays information about the menu selections and toolbar buttons.
- Workbook Interface: Select this option to view forms in Workbook mode. A tab displays at the bottom of the window for each open form, making it easier to switch between multiple forms.
- Always Display Screen Fonts with Smooth Edges: Clear this option if you do not want to apply font smoothing to field names and text. Restart the computer for this change to take effect. Note that if the "Use the following method to smooth edges of screen fonts" check box is selected (Control Panel>Display Properties>Appearance tab>Effects button) and "Clear Type" is selected on the drop-down list, the system overrides this option.
- Display Manage Requisitions Form at Log On: Clear this option if you do want the Manage Requisitions form to display when you log on to the Electronic Requisitions module. The Manage Requisitions form allows you to view your pending requisitions. This option is only available in the Electronic Requisitions module.